HVA60 60kV VLF Set
HVA60 VLF Set - 60kV
The HVA 60 is not only the most advanced HV test system available, it is also the lightest, most compact instrument on the market. The HVA60 has the highest power to weight ratio of any comparable unit available.
It is well known that DC testing of aged extruded cable such as XLPE and EPR is potentially damaging to the cable insulation causing premature failure of the cable under service conditions. Any form of DC testing has been found to be ineffective in detecting even serious faults in such cables. It is because of these limitations that International and National bodies such as CENELEC, VDE, SABS and the IEEE now recommend testing utilising low frequency AC test systems. VLF testing enables the cable test engineer to detect insulation defects before the cable fails in service.
- The smallest, lightest, most advanced universal high voltage test instrument available, ideally suited for a variety of applications.
- VLF (0.1Hz), DC (±), Cable Fault Conditioning (Burning), and Sheath/Jacket Testing modes all included.
- VLF: the proven and accepted replacement for the traditional DC Hipot or "proof" test for solid dielectric cables such as XLPE and EPR.
- Fully automatic or manual cable test sequences complying with International Standards/Guides such as IEEE 400.2, VDE0276, CENELEC, HD620 S1, NEN 3620, SANS 10198 and IEC 60060-3.
- True symmetrical sinusoidal, load independent, output waveform across the full load range.
- Real-time Display of actual output wave form.
- Easy to use, ergonomic, menu guided, large backlit user interface.
- Rugged, one piece portability.
- Large output load capability (up to 5"F)
- Automatic and integrated load capacitance measurement with optimum frequency selection.
- Storage of test results for later retrieval or download to a PC/Laptop.