The Doble F6150 test solution for protection schemes
The F6150 provides everything you need to run full simulation tests on your relays and protection schemes in a single, field-rugged, portable box. It can test everything from a single, high-burden electromechanical earth/ground fault relay to complete, modern, multi-function numerical microprocessor protection schemes, without the need for additional instruments. It can perform steady-state, dynamic-state, and transient simulation tests. Multiple F6150s can be used for end-to-end protection scheme tests using GPS technology to synchronize remotely located units.
The F6150 can run simulations on all types of relay schemes – microprocessor, electromechanical, or a mixture of the two. With its high power rating and built-in configuration flexibility, the unit provides a single-box solution for simulation testing of all relay protection schemes. With the F6150, you can easily run a variety of tests to determine whether your relays are detecting signals properly, communicating correctly, and responding appropriately to power system events. In addition, with its high-accuracy output, the F6150 can be easily applied to calibration testing of transducer and energy metering applications, including meters rated at 0.2 Class.
Testing capabilities of the F6150 include:
- High-impedance electromechanical relays
- Electromechanical high-burden, low-setting ground overcurrent relays
- High-power relays from 0.5 A to 180 A
- Dynamic-state and transient simulation testing using 12 independently controlled sources
- End-to-end testing under simulated power system conditions with GPS satellite synchronization
- Everything from routine characteristic checks to dynamic-state simulation tests with user-friendly software suite
Features and Benefits
- Exceptional test flexibility. Six independently controlled, direct-coupled sources, each rated 150 VA at 0–30 A, provide more than 100 user-selectable test configurations to match any test requirement. Each source can be configured as two independent 75 VA sources, for a total of 12. This configuration is used for back-to-back testing of a complete line protection scheme.
- Easy to use. Operates from a PC interface (Ethernet, serial, or external wireless adapter communication) for steady-state, dynamic-state, and transient testing. All sources are controlled from the PC for easy configuration of each test.
- Advanced circuitry. Built with state-of-the-art digital signal processing and power amplifiers.
- Automated operation. Automated procedures and standard test templates save time and ensure consistent test methods.
- Front panel display. The vacuum fluorescent display (VFD) indicates active voltage/current amplitudes and phase values during testing.
- Field-rugged design. Rugged construction and proven state of-the-art design provide laboratory accuracy with uncompromised field performance.
- Lightweight and portable. At 38 lb (17 kg), the F6150 is the only single-box solution capable of delivering high power with flexible test configurations.
- Accurate meter testing. Provides high-precision measurements for energy meter and transducer testing.